Feeling a bit low? A bit insecure, or having doubts about yourself? It happens to us all on occasion. Below are 6 of the best self worth quotes to ponder on, and help give you a boost – right at the time you need it the most…
1. “A diamond doesn’t start out polished and shining. It once was nothing special, but with enough pressure and time, becomes spectacular. I’m that diamond” – Solange Nicole
Solange Nicole speaks wise words here. Nothing about us humans comes ready made – we all have to work to get where we want to. And this applies to everything about our lives. From professional to personal, sporting to social… So if you’re not yet where you want to be, or feeling like you don’t have what it takes to get there, then see this as the incentive you need to work harder towards your goal.
After all – nothing worth doing is ever going to be easy. But with enough effort, you’ll get there in the end.
2. “Seek respect mainly from thyself, for it comes first from within” – Steven Coogler
Never a truer word was said. Because if you don’t respect yourself, then why on earth should others respect you? Other people are generally responsible for making us doubt our self worth. But why on earth should they be allowed to stop you realizing the goodness and talent you have within?
Stick up for your morals, your values, and live your life in the way you want to – that’ll allow you to respect yourself. What others think is their business…
3. “If you put a small value on yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price” – Unknown
On the same vein as the above, if you don’t value yourself, then don’t expect others to think you’re so great either. You have a massive amount to value about yourself. But if you don’t accept that and acknowledge it, then it’s guaranteed that nobody else is going to do it for you. So big yourself up, because, to steal a catch phrase, you ‘really are worth it’.
4. “Having a low opinion of yourself is not modesty. It’s self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not egotism. It’s a necessary precondition to happiness and success” – Bobbe Sommer
Absolutely spot on! Because hey, there’s enough people out there who’re going to try and put you down. So doing it to yourself? Well, it’s a road to ruin. And rest assured that acknowledging your strong points is not being ‘big headed’. It is, as Bobbe Sommer puts so succinctly, something that will allow you to accept yourself, and be happy in your own skin because you know how valued you are.
5. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent” – Eleanor Roosevelt
So very, very true. And why on earth should you allow someone to make you feel inferior? How very dare they! You’re unique, you have loads to offer others, and the world is a better place with you in it. The next time someone tries to put you down, just you remember that…
6. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude” – Thomas Jefferson
We’ve saved the most profound until last. And who better to say these words than Thomas Jefferson himself! Because your mental attitude has a massive impact on how you feel about yourself and your chances of achieving your goals.
Get it right, and you’ll be fired up and can do whatever you put your mind to. But doubt yourself, or forget about your own self worth, and no-one’s going to be able to change your mind. So which person would you rather be?