The power of the spoken (or thought) word is real. So if you’re looking for some great affirmations for self-esteem, then you’ve come to the right place.
1. “I approve of myself and feel great about myself”
Because actually, YOU are the only person who needs to approve who you are. Let’s be honest here – other people’s opinions count for diddly squat. The only person you need to prove yourself to – is you!
2. “I am a well loved and well respected person”
Yes you are. Those close to you really do love and respect you. Just be sure to remind yourself of it regularly.
3. “I’m free to make my own choices and decisions”
Yes you are – even if you make the wrong ones occasionally. We’re all human, and we have to learn from our mistakes. In fact, if you never fail, you’re not trying hard enough…
4. “I am never alone. The Universe supports me and is with me at every step”
5. “I see the best in other people”
Because, you know, even when others might do or say things to bring you down, if you see the best in others, you’re actually helping yourself. Too many people try to bring others down. And – light bulb moment! They do so because they’re not happy in their own skin. So they try to make others feel bad too.
See the good in others. There’s always something – even if it’s hidden really, really deep…
6. “I am always growing and developing”
Yes you are – no matter how old and wise you might become. This is a really positive saying to believe in, and it helps you get over difficult times, because even those help you to grow as a person.
7. “I have great ideas. I make useful contributions”
Quite simply, because you have, and you do…
8. “I have the power to change myself”
Not anyone else – YOU have all the power you need to change yourself into whatever and whoever you want to be. And if it takes time…? Well, whoever said that something worthwhile was going to be easy?
9. “I can choose happiness whenever I wish, no matter what the circumstances”
Because happiness is a conscious choice – exactly the same as unhappiness is. Remember that, next time you’re feeling at a low ebb.
10. “I love challenges. They bring out the best in me”
They really do. Because remember how great it feels to take on a challenge – and rise to it! So next time life throws you something a little more difficult than usual, remember this affirmation – it really is the honest truth…