The following are 9 great quotes about exactly why you should surround yourself with positive people (and ditch those who aren’t!).
Feel free to use and share…
1. “Surround yourself with those who only lift you higher.” Oprah Winfrey
You can always rely on Oprah to say it straight – and this quote is so very true. Why would you hang around with those who don’t make you feel good about yourself? So wave goodbye to those kinds of people, and embrace those who lift you up to higher levels.
2. “You need to associate with people that inspire you, people that challenge you to rise higher, people that make you better. Don’t waste your valuable time with people that are not adding to your growth. Your destiny is too important.” Joel Osteen
Your inspiration is what makes you who you are – what makes you discover and reach out to hit your goals. So make sure your time is spent with those who have the same aspirations. Because hey, you only get one life – so you need to make sure you get every advantage possible. Because, to steal a catch phrase – ‘You’re worth it!’.
3. “Surround yourself with people that reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel, energies are contagious.” Anonymous
This is so true. Because those with negative energy will fill you with the same. But people who are filled with positive energy will transfer this to you too. And you back to them. It’s a win-win situation.
4. “Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground.” Wilfred Peterson
Oh yes. These are the folks you want to be spending your time with. Those who believe in where they want to go. These people are the ones who’re going places. And their energy is truly contagious – it’ll help you go places too.
5. “Energy is contagious, positive and negative alike. I will forever be mindful of what and who I am allowing into my space.” Alex Elle
There’s a theme running here… And it’s all about being mindful about who you allow to be around you. The negative should be banished (harsh perhaps – but true), and the positive welcomed with open arms.
6. “Always surround yourself with people who are better than you. If you’re hanging around bad people, they’re going to start bringing you down. But if you surround yourself with good people, they’re going to be pulling you up.” Donny Osmond
Greatness is catching. If you associate with people who are ‘better’ than you, then you’ve always got something to aim for. But if they’re ‘bad’, then the only role models you’ve got are ones that’ll make you lesser than you already are.
7. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too can become great.” Mark Twain
Gotta love quotes from Mr Twain! And how true this one is. The small out there want to bring you down; they want you to fail. But the great want you to succeed. And there’s no prize for guessing which type of person is better for your state of mind.
8. “Your friends should motivate and inspire you. Your circle should be well rounded and supportive. Keep it tight, quality over quantity.” Anonymous
D’you know? You don’t need a massive amount of close friends. But what you do need is good ones. If someone in your circle is draining you, then give serious thought about who’s getting the most out of the friendship – because it should be equal, not one sided.
9. “People inspire you, or they drain you – pick them wisely.” Hans F. Hansen
Yep – they certainly do. So choose at your peril…