In need of some self motivation to get you through the day? Here are a few quotes to get you going.
1. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
The only person in the world who is exactly like you is you. There are constant pressures throughout life trying to convince us to be someone we do not want to be. Our character and integrity, values and beliefs will be challenged everywhere we go, but those are the things that make up who we are. Possibly the greatest thing you could ever achieve in your lifetime is to accept that you are who you are, and no one has the power to convince you otherwise.
2. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” –T. Harv Eker
You might look at the most successful people in your field that you admire and get discouraged. How are they so fearless? How have they managed to do so much without ever doubting themselves? The truth is, successful people have the same fears, doubts and worries as you do. But they push through them and launch themselves out of their comfort zones anyway. Don’t be afraid of stepping outside your comfort zone to do the things you want to do. There will always be fear and anxiety and you will have moments when you second-guess yourself. Keep going anyway. That is how you succeed.
3. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” –Thomas Jefferson
Sometimes, success is all in the attitude we approach a task with. Always keep things positive in your own mind, if you can. Positive thinking will get you much further than going into something with a negative outlook. If you begin with a negative attitude, you are much less likely to do what needs to be done to produce a successful outcome.
4. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” –Robert Downy Jr.
Whether or not you are completely confident in your ability to do something is not always the most important factor in deciding whether or not to do it anyway. Many times, the best thing you can do for yourself is spring forward as if you are as confident as you will ever be. You will end up surprising yourself, looking back on all you managed to accomplish even though you thought you couldn’t ever do it.
6. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for adventures.” –Oprah Winfrey
You cannot go out into the world and explore all it has to offer if you do not believe you can. Confidence begins on the inside and works its way outward. Learn to be more confident in the different pieces that make up who you are. That confidence will carry you wherever you want to go.
6. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions. Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” –Tina Fey
In case you haven’t already noticed, everyone has an opinion. And the majority of those people are not at all hesitant to share that opinion with the people around them. You are wise to respect other people’s opinions, but don’t try changing them. Focus on doing your best work, and let that speak for itself. You cannot change anyone else’s mind: only they can do that for themselves.
7. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
Humans are overall a selfish species. We often put ourselves and our own well being before that of other people, and most of the time, that is just normal. If you are ever feeling self conscious, as if everyone in the room is starting at you, scrutinizing your every move, remember that they are probably not paying any attention to you at all. More likely, they are focusing completely on themselves, what they are doing and where they are going next. You are not being constantly judged wherever you go. Focus on the task at hand, not whether someone is watching, waiting for you to fail.
8. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” –J. M. Barrie
Never let doubt stand in your way of accomplishing the impossible. Just because someone stands up and tells you that you can’t do it, or no one has ever done it before, does not mean you do not have what it takes to make it happen anyway. Doubt is your greatest enemy, but it does not have to be your weakness. The moment you begin to doubt whether or not you are capable of doing something, you are much less likely to do that thing you once believed you could do. Keep believing, and do it, no matter what other people say.
9. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” –Dr. Robert Anthony
You can have whatever you want. You might have to climb over obstacles and jump through hoops and work harder than you have ever worked before, but you can get there. No one has the authority to tell you that you cannot achieve the things you want to achieve. If success is your end goal, the only thing standing in your way is the belief that you can’t get to where you want to be. You are much more deserving and capable of the things you want to have and become than you think you are.
Whether you believe you can or not, do it. Do the thing you have been dreading or the thing you have always been afraid to try. Don’t look back. Just go.
Share this Image On Your Site
Please include attribution to http://www.selfthrive.com/ with this graphic.