In a world where we’re bombarded with stories about celebrity break ups and divorce on an almost daily basis, it’s far more healthy to take a look at some of the positive aspects about marriage.
The following are 9 great quotes on that very subject. Fell free to share – after all, the world needs more positivity, doesn’t it?
1. “A marriage is a gift. It should be opened up and enjoyed.” —Greg Evans
It might be a cliché, but marriage really is a gift – so peel back the layers and enjoy what it offers. And the great thing about this present is that it’s one that just keeps on giving day after day, week after week, and year after year…
2. “A perfect relationship isn’t actually perfect, it’s just that both people never give up.” —Anonymous
So very, very true. Because let’s face it – there is not thing as a ‘perfect’ relationship or marriage. The difference is those who truly work at their partnership – that’s what makes it so great…
3. “There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps.” —Ronald Reagan
Ah, dear old, Ronald – what a sweet saying! And it holds true not only for the guys, but for the girls as well. After all, don’t we all want to come home to someone who’s eagerly anticipating our return…?
4. “Happily ever after is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice.” – Fawn Weaver
Yes, you truly do choose to be happy in your relationship. And it’s not the material things that make for such a marriage, it’s the choices between the two of you that really matter. Live, love, laugh, and most of all, be good to each other. That’s the magic combination that’ll lead to your happy ever after…
5. “Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends.” – Harville Hendrix
Because a marriage based on passion alone will not – no matter how hard you try – last forever. You need to be friends as well – because only the two combined makes for a long lasting union. And hey! It’s pretty damn fun as well…
6. “A good marriage is each for the other and two against the world.” – Robert Brault
Yep – Brault hits the nail on the head here. Because a great marriage really is the two of you as a team, and the two of you facing the odds together. Knowing your partner has truly got your back, and you theirs, is an amazing and powerful thing.
7. “No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm together.” —Unknown
This is an amazing quote – because it really does ring true. Sure, there’s going to be rough times as well as amazing ones. But knowing that you’ve got a partner who’s in it with you, whatever’s going on, is incredibly powerful. If you’ve got this in your husband or wife, then hang on tight – because some people never get to experience such an awesome relationship. It truly is special…
8. “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.” —Oscar Wilde
Oh yes, dear Oscar – you are so very right. Talk to your significant other – about anything and everything. Because it’s this communication that makes us human, and this communication that bonds us together tighter with every word.
9. “Holding hands is a promise to one another that, for just a moment, the two of you don’t have to face the world alone.” —Unknown
What a lovely quote – and one that we can take a lot from. Holding hands with your ‘other half’ is a simple thing to do, yet sends a truly powerful message. Do it whenever you can!