We all want to be happy. So when you’re feeling a little down in the dumps, check out the following ‘being happy’ quotes to help lift your mood back to where you want to be.
1. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
Right here, right now, is what you’re living. So no matter what’s happening, this is YOUR life, and only yours. And hey! Isn’t that simple realization just a superb reason to be happy!
2. “Life is like a roller coaster. Live it, be happy, enjoy life” – Avril Lavigne
No one can deny that life certainly has its ups and downs. But no matter where we might be on the ‘coaster’ of life, there’s always happiness to be found. Whether your soaring upwards and feel like you’re on top of the world, or heading down into a dip and need to convince yourself that eventually you’ll change direction, happiness is actually a choice you make.
So if you have a choice, then pick happiness. Because it really is there, even if you have to search for it.
3. “Being happy never goes out of style” – Lilly Pulitzer
Fashions may come and fashions may go, but being happy will always be something we should aspire to.
4. “The word ‘happy’ would lose its true meaning if it were not balanced by sadness” – Carl Jung
Oh so true! After all, if you’ve not been truly sad, then how on earth would you actually know how good it felt to be truly happy?
5. “Wine is constant proof that God loves us. And loves us to be happy” – Benjamin Franklin
Ha ha ha! That is all….
6. “A simple life is good for me. I don’t need a whole lot. A t-shirt, pair of shorts, barefoot on a beach is good for me” – Yanni
D’you know? It really is the little things that mean the most. We tend to get so tied up with having ‘stuff’, that we forget that it’s the simple, free things in life that actually have the biggest effect on our happiness.
Sure, it’s nice to have the car, the house, the designer labels… But actually, it’s not those things that make us truly happy. Because although it’s a cliche, it really is the small things that count…
7. “Whoever is happy will make others happy too” – Anne Frank
This is so true. Have you ever noticed how those ‘sunny natured’ people always bring laughter and light into the room? So why not try to be one of those folk. After all, if you can bring happiness to others, it’ll make you more contented with life as well.
8. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy” – Dalai Lama
Because actually, what on earth is the point if we’re not happy? So you owe it to yourself to do everything you can to have a happy life. After all, we all know that the Dalai Lama only speaks the truth…
9. “Just watching my cats can make me happy” – Paula Cole
This is a true reminder that it’s the little things in life that really make us happy. And it doesn’t have to be cats, if they’re not your thing. It can be the sound of rain drops on leaves, the smell of cut grass, watching the grandkids play, that first sip of a cold beer on a hot day…
It matters not what, it’s managing to find the happiness in the smallest of things that counts…