We all know how great exercise makes us feel. Well, that is… Most of the time… We are, of course, human – and there is the odd occasion that we might need a little bit of motivation to get off our butts out there and do some exercise.
The following are 9 awesome exercise motivation quotes that you can use to give you that get up and go when yours might well have got up and gone…
1. “Your health account, your bank account, they’re the same thing. The more you put in, the more you can take out. Exercise is king and nutrition is queen. Together you have a kingdom.” Jack LaLanne – bodybuilder, known as the ‘Godfather of Fitness’
Oh wow! What an amazing quote. If you ever wonder about why the hell you get out there in all weathers, or at the crack of dawn, perhaps after a hard day’s graft, or squeezing in that swim or run at lunchtime, just imaging that you’re placing a deposit in your ‘fitness’ account.
The healthier that account is, the easier it’ll be to absorb the odd ‘bad’ day when you feast out on pizza, or perhaps have one too many glasses of cabernet sauvignon…
2. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” Michael Jordan, 6 time NBA championship winner.
So true, so true. If you want to get results, then you have to go out and earn them. It’s the difference between being a dreamer, or someone who goes out and actually makes their dream happen.
3. “I will make sweat my best accessory. I will run harder than my mascara”.
OK, we don’t know who said this, but who cares! It’s awesome! And hey, it might be aimed at the girls. But guys, if it makes your mascara run too, then who are we to judge…
4. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” Zig Ziglar
Motivational speaker, Ziglar, has it all wrapped up with this great quote. If you don’t get out there, then nothing’s gonna change. It ‘s not what you are now, but what you’re working towards that counts…
5. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” Henry Ford
Oh Mr Ford – never a truer word has been said. So next time you feel ‘too tired’, or it’s ‘too cold’, or you ‘haven’t got time’, then realize that it’s your state of mind, not the state of the world that’s gonna determine whether or not you carry on down that ever-changing path to your fitness goals.
6. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will.” Mahatma Gandhi
Yep – Ghandi certainly knew how to say the words that hit the spot. And yes, convincing yourself to keep training when life’s other stresses and challenges keep getting in the way is all about your willpower, and nothing about your physical status.
You can work on your will every minute of the day – and it’s this that’ll see you pounding the sidewalk early in the morning or pushing those extra pounds in the gym. Results come first from your mind set, then from your physical effort.
7. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy. I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” Art Williams
We all know that nothing that’s truly worth it is gonna come easy – and nothing is so true than when it comes to exercise. But hey! Who on earth wants results to come easy – if it was so simple, then everyone would have the body beautiful. Keep going – that svelte figure is just waiting to be shown off…
8. “ The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” Mark Twain
Twain has hit the nail on the head when it comes to motivation to get off your butt and get exercising. And d’you know what, it doesn’t matter how little you do to get started, it’s the ‘getting started’ that’s the take-away point here.
The biggest motivation is seeing results. But you have to begin your exercise program to begin seeing those results. Even if all you can drag yourself to do is a 10-minute walk around the block – that’s a start. And hey – that 10 minutes will turn into 15, and into 20. And then maybe into a little trot, instead of a walk. It snowballs, you see…
Next thing you know you’ll be looking at half marathons…
9. “Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein
You know, you don’t get that body beautiful simply thinking about exercise. So if the shape and/or weight of your body is getting you down, how on earth is binge watching TV and eating take-outs every gonna see you change?
Get up, get out, and get training. It’s good for body and mind. Plus squeezing into those jeans again – the feeling’s gonna be priceless!