Looking for some great entrepreneurial quotes? Then your search is at an end. Feel free to share the love…
1. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out” – Mark Zukerberg
So, what Zukerberg is getting at here is that whilst of course you’re going to work hard on what you’re truly passionate about, it’s uber-important to also work on and understand all the other aspects of business. They might bore you (or at least, you find them less interesting), but if you’re going to be a success, then this part of business needs to be done…
2. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
Well, Churchill certainly went through hell. And if he could carry on, then so can you! What this quote means is that just because it’s getting tough, it’s no reason to quit. You simply hold onto your beliefs, work on your master plan (or tweak, if necessary), and trust in your instincts.
3. “Do. Or do not. There is no try” – Yoda, Jedi Master
Needs no explanation. Thank you, Yoda…
4. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
So, so true! We all make mistakes. And when trying something new, even more so. But mistakes are good! Because we learn from them. They’re what ensure that we don’t make the same ones in the future. So if you’ve just made a mistake (even if it’s monumental), don’t take it to heart. Instead, put it down to experience, log the details in your head for future use, and accept that it’s part of your journey towards success.
5. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen” – Scott Belsky
Well, you do need the ideas in the first place. But if that’s all they ever stay, then let’s face it – you’re a dreamer, not a doer. So take your amazing ideas and get stuck in! That’s what’ll see them becoming reality…
6. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese proverb
Chinese proverbs are so profound! And digging beneath the surface with this one means that of course, if you’d started something before, you’d be in a different place now. But you DIDN’T do it before… But now – right now – is a pretty good place to do it.
7. “It’s more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy.” – Steve Jobs
OK, so if you don’t ‘get’ this quote, then maybe you’re not cut out to be an entrepreneur. Jobs is right – the best entrepreneurs out there are somewhat maverick. Doing things your way, instead of how you’re told to, is one of the big ‘fire in your belly’ motivational factors for the true entrepreneur.
8. “Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong.” – Donald Porter
So, so true. Because actually, you only find out how good a company, service, or whatever really is, when the s@*! hits the fan and they have to pull out all the stops to put it right.
Your relationships with your customers depend on how you deal with any problems that crop up. So never underestimate how important this is.
9. “If Plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.” – Claire Cook
OK, so you’ve hit a stumbling block. You’re perfectly thought out plan has gone awry. What you gonna do? Give up? Because if so, you’re not cut out to be an entrepreneur and you’d better go get yourself a regular J.O.B.
But if instead of chucking it in your first thought is ‘right, how can I sort this?’ Then hey – you’ve probably got what it takes. To steal a cliché – ‘There’s more than one way to skin a cat’, don’t you know…