You can’t beat a great quote. And if you’re looking for some on confidence, then check out our awesome list of what we consider to be 9 of the very best ones out there.
Feel free to share – after all, we all deserve to feel the joy…
1. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence” – Helen Keller
Wow – this is oh so true! Being optimistic really does help give you the confidence you need to hold you head up high and storm towards doing whatever it is you want to do. And hey, we all look on the down side of things on occasion – we’re only human. But if you can find ways to increase your optimism, you’ll find your confidence also increases in bucket loads.
2. “The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence” – Blake Lively
Although this might seem more of a quote for the gals than the guys, the same is true for both sexes. Being confident gives us an air – one that can’t be faked, painted on with make up, or dressed up with a smart suit. If you’ve got it – flaunt it, babe…!
3. “It’s all about confidence and how you feel about yourself. There’s no such thing as a perfect woman. I like imperfections – that’s what makes you unique” – Haley Hasselhoff
Never a truer word said! Because who, in all honesty, wants to be the same as everyone else? Your imperfections (although that’s such an awful word) are what makes you, You! And without them, you’d simply be unremarkable. And you certainly don’t want to be that, do you?
4. “With confidence, you have won before you have started” – Marcus Garvey
Well, maybe not won, but you’ve certainly got a head start on the rest of the field. Believe in yourself, believe in your abilities, and you really are half way there. And hey, if you’re not quite sure you’ve got what it takes to achieve your goal, then go get the training you need. There’s nothing like knowledge to give you the confidence you need.
5. “Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory” – Diane Arbus
If you’re not feeling confident, then fake it! Yes, it’s all about the image you portray to the outside world. Stand tall, look people in the eye, smile (that’s an important one), and you’ll be amazed at the edge it gives you. Trust us, it’s a ploy that pretty much all of the most confident people out there use.
6. “Confidence comes with maturity, being more accepting of yourself” – Nicole Scherzinger
Scherzinger hits the nail on the head here, because confidence really does come with learning about yourself and accepting who you are. And it doesn’t necessarily come with age, oh no. Some people become confident in their own skin early in life. For others, it takes a little longer.
Neither is right or wrong. As we’ve said before, we’re all unique, and we should embrace that.
7. “My confidence comes from the daily grind – training my butt off day in and day out” – Hope Solo
If you want to succeed – in any sphere – you need to work at it. And there’s nothing better at boosting your confidence than knowing you’re giving your all to achieve your goal. So if you want it, get working! Because the only person standing in your way, is you!
8. “Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence” – Vince Lombardi
The take away from this quote is that you need to surround yourself with others who exude confidence – because, trust us, it’ll rub off. But the opposite is also true. Hang around with folk who lack confidence, and it’ll soon become the way you think as well. So ditch those who drain your goodness, and hang out with those who boost you up. You really will notice the difference.
9. “Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking tartar sauce with you” – Zig Ziglar
And we’ve left one of our favorite quotes until last – because who doesn’t love a bit of Zig Ziglar? What this quote means is even if the task ahead seems monumental, if you don’t set yourself up to ‘win’, then you’re setting yourself up to fail. And if you do that, what on earth are you trying to achieve in the first place?
So gather up everything you can to get to your goal – and trust us, it really will inspire and fill you with the confidence you need to get there.