Gathering up confidence when it feels as though you have none is hard. But you have much more confidence within you than you realize. Here are a few quotes to help inspire you to have the confidence to improve your life and yourself.
1. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” – Oprah Winfrey
Without self confidence in every aspect of yourself, you will never move forward. That is why it is so important to accept your body, come to terms with your mind and nurture your spirit. You do not want to be stuck in the same place forever. There is something new out there waiting for you to find it. Before you can go searching for it, you have to believe you deserve to find it. You have to have the confidence to go looking even though you aren’t quite sure what you are going to find.
2. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Though it may seem like the whole world is watching you, the truth is, no one is. No one is paying enough attention to you in order to judge your every move. You may be afraid that everywhere you go you are being silently criticized, but the only one keeping constant tabs on where you go and what you do is yourself. Remember that next time you feel self conscious walking down the street.
3. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
You are your worst critic. You will easily find flaws in every single thought, idea and action you have and take. If you want to have more confidence in yourself, go against that voice inside you saying you can’t do something. It’s up to you to prove that voice wrong. Do what you think you cannot do, and you will find confidence in the fact that you were brave enough to go against the worst critic you will ever face: you.
4. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
How do we overcome fear? Certainly not by sitting around waiting for the thing we fear to become less frightening. The only way to get over how self conscious you are feeling and overcome your fear induced obstacles is to do something about it. Do the exact thing you are afraid to do. Confidence is learned, and most people cannot learn well by sitting in one place and thinking about the right way to do something. We learn best by seeing and doing things. Apply that same principle to overcoming your fears. Do what scares you, and you will find you have fewer things to fear than you thought.
5. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” – Peter T. Mcintyre
No one is right all the time. It’s your fear of being wrong that is stopping you from taking more chances in life. If you want to be self confident, you have to accept that sometimes you are going to be wrong. Being wrong is how we learn and grow as people. Don’t let your fear of being wrong keep you from learning how to do things right, and well.
6. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
Whatever excuse you are about to give for waiting to take a step forward, forget about it and take that step anyway. Excuses will get you nowhere in this world. Even if you are not fully confident, you must train yourself to move forward anyway. The time is now. You will become more and more confident the more steps forward you take. You just have to take that first step. Do it now.
7. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brene Brown
We hinder our own confidence by talking ourselves down. Spend a day recording all the negative thoughts you think about or say aloud to yourself. Read through them. Would you ever say any of those things to someone you truly cared about? Your lack of confidence may be your own fault. You can’t talk to yourself as though you are worthless, or you will feel worthless. Talk to yourself the way you would talk to someone who you wanted to build up and love, someone who you would want to see succeed. You are much more likely to succeed if you treat yourself well.
8. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
Who you are and who you want to be can be the same person, whether you believe ir or not. Do you realize that you are the only one in control of whether or not you become the happiest, most confident person you can be? Whatever is holding you back from reaching your goals, only you can overcome the obstacle. You know there are opportunities out there within your reach; you just haven’t started chasing them yet. What are you waiting for? In many cases, you have absolutely nothing to lose.
Confidence is all a matter of choice. You either choose to do things with confidence or you choose to shy away from the opportunities life has to offer you. If you want to improve your life, go, with confidence, toward the positive changes you want to make.