Struggling to focus…? Feel your mind wandering when you should be concentrating? Then check out these 8 awesome quotes that’ll help set you on the road back to where you want to be…
1. “Without goals, you will end up going nowhere, or, you will end up following someone else’s map! Develop your map today – set your goals and focus!” – Catherine Pulsifer
Not got a goal (or goals)? Then what on earth are you working towards? If you don’t define where you want to be going, how on earth do you expect to focus on anything?
And if you’re not yet sure what your goals are. Then your goal should be to simply define your goals. Little steps… That’s the key.
2. ‘Rather than trying to do too many things at once, switch over to a mindset of focusing on just one thing while you are working’. – Timo Kiander
Forget multi-tasking… Because trying to juggle too many balls at once can actually lead to de-motivation – and that’s not where you want to be heading. To truly focus, concentrate on one thing at a time. You’ll be amazed at how much more productive you’ll become.
3. “Never confuse motion with action.” – Benjamin Franklin
Oh Mr. Franklin, you strike at the heart of many of us. How often do we seem to chase our tails all day, without actually accomplishing anything? Motion is deceptive, making you feel like you’re gainfully using your time. And in today’s crazy world, this is only more magnified.
Be sure that you’re using your time wisely. If you’ve scurrying around but the sum of the end result is low or zero, then you’re simply wasting time…
4. “Lack of direction, not time, is the problem. We all have 24 hour days”. – Zig Ziglar
If you simply can’t fit everything in, then you’re not using your time wisely. We all have the same number of hours in which to accomplish what we need to. If you’re struggling, then you need to reappraise how you work.
5. “The successful man is the average man, focused!” – Unknown
Because hey, we’re all average, unless we decide to be extraordinary. If you ever needed an inspirational reason to truly focus on your goal, this is probably the one.
6. “To be everywhere is to be nowhere”. – Seneca
Once again, this is a truism about not being able to do everything. Take on too much, and every single thing suffers. Focus on a single issue, and you can give it your all. Once successfully completed, move onto the next.
7. “A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it”. – Anonymous
In times when you’re struggling to focus – or perhaps don’t even know what you’re trying to focus on – then remember this quote. We might not know who originally said it, but they sure were spot on…
8. “ You don’t get results by focusing on results. You get results by focusing on the actions that produce results”. – Mike Hawkins
Yep. For those moments where you’re having trouble focusing, simply focus on an action you need that’ll see you moving further towards your end goal.
And hey – if all else fails when trying to focus, get up and go for a walk, run, read a few pages of your favorite book, phone a friend… Whatever it is that helps you de-stress. A half an hour chill is often all you need to refocus your efforts on the job in hand…