We’ve got one life, so we need to live it! Being happy in the moment is something many of us ‘forget’ to do. So if you need a little lift, then a happy moments quote is a simple thing that can remind us to stop, smile, and smell the roses.
Feel free to share. After all, the more happiness going around, the more we all benefit…
1. “It’s easy to impress me. I don’t need a fancy party to be happy. Just good friends, good food, and good laughs. I’m happy. I’m satisfied. I’m content.” – Maria Sharapova
Yep – Maria Sharapova’s got it right here. It’s not about the ‘special’ times that only happen on occasion. It’s about enjoying the things that really matter in life. You know, family, friends, love, laughter… Because these are what happens to us every day. So learn to appreciate them.
2. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters”. – Audrey Hepburn
Gotta love Audrey Hepburn, haven’t you? And she hits the nail slap bang on the head here. If you’re not happy in life, then what’s the point? Sure, we all go through tough times, but there’s help out there if you need assistance in heading back towards happiness. Just don’t be afraid to ask if you’re ever in a situation where you can’t do it alone.
3. “If you want to be happy, be”. – Leo Tolstoy
Simple and succinct. You can always rely on Tolstoy for a great quote. Because if you’re not happy, it’s up to YOU to change it. You’re the only one who’s preventing it. No matter who else is in the picture, your personal happiness (or lack of it) is down to you – and you alone.
4. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy”. – The Dalai Lama
Even if you don’t follow any religion, the words of the Dalai Lama can be a great booster when you need it. And he’s got to be right, hasn’t he? Because if we’re not happy, then our lives truly have no purpose – and none of us want a life without that, do we?
5. “Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy”. – Guillaume Apollinaire
Never has a truer word been said. Time to stop ‘seeking’ happiness for a while, and allow ourselves to actually be happy. No one ever said on their death bed that they wished they’d spent more time at work… So stop a moment – whatever it is you’re doing – and simply enjoy the moment.
6. “I believe that God put us in this jolly world to be happy and enjoy life”. – Robert Baden-Powell
Because, simply – why wouldn’t he?
7. “A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?” – Albert Einstein
This quote is all about how it’s the simple things that make us truly happy. You know, the blue sky, the feeling of the sun on skin, kicking up crispy fall leaves, curling up in a freshly changed bed… That kind of thing.
8. “I don’t trip on that much. I just like to enjoy life and be happy”. – Roy Ayers
Again, it’s not the big things in life that make us truly happy. It’s the little things that count. Take a minute out each day to realize what you’re grateful for. It honestly will make you happier.