When it comes to getting fired up to achieve your business goals, there’s no better thing to take heart from reading great motivational quotes from some of the most successful people on the planet.
And the thing about successful people is that it doesn’t matter what their field is, the one thing they have in common is their attitude towards their goals and their determination to work hard to get there – whatever life throws their way.
Go ahead – get motivated!
1. “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway” – John Wayne
Good ol’ John Wayne actually intended being a football star, but injury forced his to change track. Well – he may well’ve been scared to death of forging into a new career – but he did it anyway, and boy was he a success!
Take strength from his wise words. After all, if it doesn’t scare you at least a little, then it’s not going to be an achievement when you get there…
2. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win” – Zig Ziglar
Motivational guru, Zig Ziglar, tells us that we’ve all got it in us to be a success. But to reach those goals, you’ve got to put in the back work. And that’s exactly the reason why you work as hard as you do. If you’re feeling in need of some motivation, remember that success comes to those who go out there and get it. So what’re you waiting for?
3. “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents. Value what you know and start charging for it” – Kim Garst
Personal branding and social media expert, Kim Garst, speaks real sense here. To be truly successful in business, you need to know your strengths and your value. And for other people to take advantage of this, they’re going to have to pay you what you’re worth.
So, if you don’t know your true value, then hey – what are you playing at? After all, the biggest motivation in business is success and, let’s face it, making money. So if you don’t truly know what you’re worth, it’s time to find out…
4. “The essential question is not, “How busy are you?” but “What are you busy at?” – Oprah Winfrey
Dear old Oprah – she’s not one of America’s richest and successful self-made women for nothing. She’s got the drive and savvy to have got there on her own. This quote is fabulous. Because we should all aspire not to simply work harder – but to work smarter. And that’s exactly what Ms. Winfrey is getting at with these wise words.
5. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out” – Robert Collier
Self-help expert, Collier, spoke many a true word. The thing is, it’s not the big things you achieve that see you reaching your business goals. It’s actually the little things that you do on a daily basis that adds up to the big-ticket item. Sweat the small stuff, and the big stuff will come naturally…
6. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary” – Vidal Sassoon
Yep – Vidal hits that nail on the head with this quote. Success is the end of the equation, not the beginning. And whatever you’re working towards, you need to remember that word ‘work’. Without that, success is but a pipe dream.
7. “You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life” –
Sometimes trusting in something you can’t physically see or touch can feel like you’re floundering around in the dark. But actually, there’s a whole load of truth about this saying from Steve Jobs. Trust in your instincts, trust in karma, trust that life will, at some point, give you a break… But most of all, trust in yourself. Because you can and will achieve your goals – if you truly want to get there…