Feeling happy with yourself is something that can change on a daily (hourly?) basis. And sometimes you just need some inspiring words from others to help you through the down times…
Below are 6 great ‘feeling happy with yourself’ quotes that are designed to give you a lift just when you need it most.
1. “I try to keep it real. I don’t have time to worry about what I’m projecting to the world. I’m just busy being myself”. – Demi Lovato
Well said, Demi. Because when it boils down to it, what other people think about you doesn’t matter a damn! If you fake it just to make people like you, then who’s to say that those people might not think much of the real you if they got the chance? Or… Perhaps they would! Now there’s a thought, eh?
Be yourself – and be happy doing so. Because none of us can keep up the illusion of being what we think we should be 100% of the time. And even if you could – is it really worth the effort?
Being yourself is one of the biggest life lessons we can learn. So relax, forget what you think others expect you to be, and just bask in the fact that the real you is, really, a rather wonderful thing…
2. “I’m very comfortable in my own skin now. I started just being myself more and more. For women, this happens as you get older. I loved my 40s – I thought they were fantastic. And I’m loving my 50s. I’m going to love everything because you’re either older, or dead!” – Gloria Estefan
Oh Gloria, how many women long to have this attitude? But you know what? She’s got it spot on… Because as we age, most of us do become more comfortable in our own skin. We get to know our strengths (and weaknesses). And we become at peace with them.
The most important take away from this quote is the ‘love everything because you’re either older, or dead’, part. Never a truer word said, don’t you think…
3. “When I’m trusting and being myself as fully as possible, everything in my life reflects this by falling into place easily, often miraculously.” – Shakti Gawain
Shakti speaks wise words here. Have you ever stopped to think how many opportunities you might’ve missed because you failed to portray the ‘real’ you. Food for thought, eh?
Trust yourself, trust your instincts – they really are there for a reason.
4. “I like being myself. Maybe just slimmer, with a few less wrinkles”. Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Ha ha! Wouldn’t we all…! And there’s nothing wrong with having a few thoughts about what we think would make us more ‘ideal’ to the outside world.
But actually, being happy with who you are isn’t about having the perfect body, or the smoothest skin, or ripped abs, or whatever… It’s about being at peace with who you are. And never, ever forget that you are unique, one of a kind, never to be made again. And that’s surely a gift worthy of celebration.
5. “I never had any trouble being myself. Myself was a problem for a lot of people, but I didn’t have a problem”. – Tituss Burgess
D’you know? Those who don’t like you for who you really are simply just aren’t worth the bother. As long as, that is, you’re a generally decent person, with morals and half an eye out for those people you love and cherish.
C’mon – you know in your heart that you’re a decent person. And if others don’t like the way it’s packaged, then shouldn’t you be telling them to just jog on…?
6. “I try to associate myself as just being myself – and being a person, an American citizen, going out there every day and just trying to be successful”. – Robert Griffin III
Moving on from the last quote – isn’t this what we all should be doing? And be happy that we’re doing it? Because let’s face it, we’re all just doing our thing, trying to make our way in the world the best way we know how. You should be proud of that! And happy that being truly you incorporates doing that.
You.Inc is a powerful being. Be happy with who you are – be satisfied with who you are. Because we only get one go at this life, and you deserve to enjoy it?