The bad news is, it’s Monday again, already. The worse news is, not even your usual morning cup of coffee is going to be able to get you motivated to start your day off on the right foot this time.
Life gets frustrating, especially when we find ourselves locked into a routine, constantly turned down or rarely appreciated for the work we do. Sometimes we have dreams, and no matter how tightly we try to hold onto them, things always seem to come along to remind us how little progress we have actually made toward making those dreams actually come true.
Failure, rejection, disappointment and overall exhaustion and boredom are all reasons we often find ourselves unmotivated and uninspired at work. Often all we need though, when we are dealing with these feelings and circumstances, is a quick and effective way to get inspired again, at least so we can start the day off right and get through it as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Finding inspiration when you are feeling down or discouraged is not an easy thing to do. Start by scrolling through these 36 inspirational sayings to get your day started. If one of them catches your eye, write it down and put it somewhere where you will see it throughout the day to keep yourself motivated all day long.
1. “You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don’t take.” –Wayne Gretzky
Source: Jfvoll | Wikipedia
2. “No great man ever complains of want of opportunities.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.” –Helen Keller
4. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” –George Eliot
5. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” –Napoleon Hill
6. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” –Truman Capote
7. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” –John Wooden
8. “People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.” –Maya Angelou
9. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” –Vince Lombarti
10. “I know for sure that what we dwell on is what we become.” –Oprah Winfrey
11. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” –Albert Einstein
12. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” –Florence Nightingale
13. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” –Alice Walker
14. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” –Stephen Covey
15. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” –Theodore Roosevelt
16. “We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” –Marie Curie
17. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” –Rosa Parks
18. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” –Tony Robbins
19. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” –Norman Vincent Peale
20. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” –Joyce Brothers
21. “I do not know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.” –Susan Butcher
22. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” –Henry Ford
23. “Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
24. “Dream big and dare to fail.” –Norman Vaughan
25. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” –Farrah Gray
26. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” –George Addair
27. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” –Mark Twain
28. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” –Steve Jobs
29. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” –Babe Ruth
30. “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.” –Kevin Kruse
31. “Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.” –Richard L. Evans
32. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” –Rob Siltanen
33. “That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.” –Friedrich Nietzsche
34. “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” –Pablo Picasso
35. “You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give.” –Winston Churchill
36. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” –Milton Berle
These 36 quotes can serve as a much-needed reminder that we are not as lost, invisible or unsuccessful as we think we are. There are always going to be obstacles that try and get in the way of us achieving our greatest ambitions. There are always going to be moments where we are sure the easiest thing to do is give up.
The most successful, productive people on the planet know that nothing is powerful enough to stop them from doing what they want to do. To them, a goal is more than just a dream: it is something they are determined enough to achieve that they will stop at nothing to make sure they accomplish it, no matter what.
If you are feeling unmotivated or bored or exhausted, always remember that you are neither the only one who has ever felt this way nor the only one who is currently feeling this way. Many have come before you who have overcome the roadblocks to their success and achieved great things despite the odds stacked against them. There are many around you that might be feeling the way you are. It’s going to be okay.
Keep these quotes in mind. Come back to them often. They will continue to inspire you, day after day after day.