Need some motivation to get to the gym and work hard? Here are the quotes that will get you there.
1. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
Things take time, especially when it comes to fitness. You have to stick with a gym habit consistently sometimes for months before you will ever see any kind of result. It will take time out of your day and time out of your life, but what would you be doing with that time anyway if you were not spending it at the gym? Really, you have nothing better to do than to get fit.
2. “Most people give up right before the big break comes—don’t let that person be you.” – Michael Boyle
That moment you just want to give up, lay down and quit is the moment you know you need to keep pushing yourself forward just a little bit longer. Don’t be that person who quits just before things really start to get good. Set realistic fitness goals so you are less tempted to give up just before you stumble upon the ultimate path to success. Follow through on the promises you make to yourself and to others.
3. “You’re going to have to let it hurt. Let it suck. The harder you work, the better you will look. Your appearance isn’t parallel to how heavy you lift, it’s parallel to how hard you work.” – Joe Manganiello
Hard work really does pay off, even if it does not always seem as though you are getting much of anything out of it at times. There are going to be times it is physically and emotionally painful and times you are going to feel like this is the worst thing in the world. But you have to keep working hard anyway, because that is what will grant you the kind of success you deserve.
4. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
People who go to the gym consistently do so because they make it part of their routine; they make a commitment to do it regularly and they stick to it. Learn how to form habits that will stick. Stay consistent and never, ever give in to senseless excuses.
5. “You have to push past your perceived limits, push past that point you thought was as far as you can go.” – Drew Brees
As humans we just do not always believe we are as capable of accomplishing things as we actually are. We are our own worst critics in everything we do. You may think you can’t, but you can. All you have to do is push yourself a little harder. You might really end up surprising yourself.
6. “If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
Don’t accept ‘no’ for an answer. If you think you can do something, but someone else tries to tell you that you can’t, just say, ‘yes I can.’ All kinds of things, situations and people are going to try and stop you, but you just can’t let them. You have to keep going even when the whole world seems to be against you. That is the only way to accomplish your goals, get fit and be the happiest you have ever been.
7. “I feel an endless need to learn, to improve, to evolve—not only to please the coach and the fans—but also to feel satisfied with myself.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
If your goal in terms of fitness is to feel better about yourself, to feel more confident, to be your own inspiration, then you need to do all you can, and more, to please yourself over anyone else. Work out because you want to, because you know it will make you feel accomplished, motivated and inspired. Don’t do it because someone else wants you to. That kind of motivation never lasts.
8. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
The mind is a very powerful thing. If you are not careful, you can very easily convince yourself that you cannot do something, when in fact you have all the power in the world to do that thing you are convinced you cannot do. Use that same ability to instead convince yourself that you can, and you will.
9. “You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
The only one who limits you in the end is yourself. Along the way to success you are going to come up against roadblocks. People are not going to believe you can do it, and they are going to point out your mistakes no matter how small. Overcome your biggest mistakes, believe in yourself and work hard to crash through those barriers, and you will succeed.
10. “Your health account, your bank account, they’re the same thing. The more you put in, the more you can take out. Exercise is king and nutrition is queen. Together you have a kingdom.” – Jack LaLanne
Exercise is just one component of an extremely healthy life. It is not just important; it is essential. Use health as a motivator for getting to the gym and working hard. You will only benefit, and you will be glad you put in the effort.
11. “There comes a certain point in life when you have to stop blaming other people for how you feel or the misfortunes in your life. You can’t go through life obsessing about what might have been.” – Hugh Jackman
You are the only one at fault for your attitude. Improve your attitude by doing something about it. Get to the gym and start working to fix your own life. No one else is going to do any of the work for you.