Making money – real money – is something that takes dedication and hard work. Of course, you need to enjoy the journey along the way to riches as well. The following are some great money-making quotes for those times you need a little inspiration in your quest.
1. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune”. – Jim Rohn
Entrepreneur, author, and motivational speaker, Jim Rohn, taps into the heart of what innovation in business is all about. Yes, getting a formal education is important – but in most cases the end case scenario of, say university, is getting a regular J.O.B. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with this. After all, many folk earn a pretty damn good wage in this way.
But if true riches are what you seek, then it’s what you allow yourself to learn at the so-called ‘university of life’ that’ll give you that extra edge that allows you to reach your true goal.
2. “A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart”. – Jonathan Swift
This great quote taps into the psyche of the money-making entrepreneur. Gulliver’s Travels author, Jonathan Swift, gets right to the point about not letting the heart rule the head. Business is all about making cool, collected decisions – and if you let emotion get involved, the drive for the end-goal becomes skewed, and therefore never reached.
3. ”You only have so many hours in a day, let others make the money for you!” – Nick Haase
Wise words indeed about learning the ability to delegate. One problem many entrepreneurs have is the misguided thought that no-one can do a job as well as they can. The key here is to make good choices as to who you’re going to trust to take on tasks. Select and train your key people, and them let them get on with the tasks you’ve given them. You, in the meantime, can be concentrating on something else.
4. “My formula for success is rise early, work late and strike oil”. – JP Getty
Because no-one ever made their fortune lounging in bed. You need to put in the hours to bring in the dollars…!
5. “Screw it, Let’s do it!” – Richard Branson
Needing no introduction, Richard Branson, has defined the true spirit that drives every entrepreneur in 5 simple words. And whilst making wise business choices isn’t usually about making rushed decisions, on occasion you just have to go with your gut instinct – even if there are a million reasons why others tell you it just won’t work.
6. “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy”.” —George Lorimer
A great quote to remind you that while making your fortune is important, you should also ensure that you’re life is rich in other ways too. Family, friends, and outside interests will support you along your money-making journey, as well as providing necessary downtime to allow your mind to remain sharp for those crucial business decisions.
7. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest”. – Benjamin Franklin
Never stop learning – no matter how old, how successful, or how much you feel you’ve achieved all your goals. Every hour you spend learning will come back to you in shovel loads further down the line.
8. “I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy”. — Warren Buffett
Warren Buffet, isn’t one of the worlds most successful guys for nothing. He’s fearless and intrepid: a leader, not a follower. This quote is not only valid for investing on Wall Street – it’s a take-away that can be applied to any field of business.
9. “Buy when everyone else is selling and hold until everyone else is buying. That’s not just a catchy slogan. It’s the very essence of successful investing”. — J. Paul Getty
Getty’s quote goes on a step from that of Buffet’s above. Know your subject, do your research and don’t be afraid to step away from the direction that the masses are moving in. It could well be the shrewdest move you’ll ever make.
10. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” –Thomas Jefferson
Lady Luck is something that exists only in the minds of those who dream without action or expect the world to owe them a living. No successful entrepreneur will ever tell you that they made their fortune simply by luck – no, sireee. That money was made through sweating blood and tears.
But… By putting in that hard work, you expose yourself to situations that are far more likely to have a successful outcome. Some might call this luck – but in reality, it’s the graft that’s caused the happy ending. The harder you work, the more ‘luck’ will come your way.